Sunday, April 6, 2014

BOOK REVIEW ~ HER BEST LAID PLANS BY CARA MCKENNA




Title: Her Best Laid Plans
Author: Cara McKenna
Publisher: Cosmo Red Hot Reads
Expected Release Date: April 15, 2014
Genre: Romance, Women's Fiction
eBook format


ARC provided by NetGalley







Book Blurb


Experience Ireland—the dramatic beauty, the warm hospitality...and the smoking-hot local guys!

Imagine nursing a pint in a cozy, authentic country pub, far from Cork City’s busy pulse. Getting here took you a plane, bus, taxi, and...erm, bicycle. But just as you’re resigning yourself to drinking beside gray-haired farmers, you see him—a man with the looks and charm to soothe any heartbroken girl.

He’s your bartender. Your really, really gorgeous bartender.

For American Jamie Webb—recently dumped and housesitting for two weeks—Connor Kelleher is like a six-course feast after a 23-year starvation diet. But it’s gotta be casual. She’s just begun re-routing her life after an extended, man-related detour. Still, a sexy romp (or twenty!) with Sexy McBartender?

But what about when Jamie's best-laid plans for no future plans with any man begin to change?




Book Review


I absolutely loved every minute of Her Best Laid Plans. I wanted to hop on a plane, take off to Ireland in search of my own sexy Irish bartender and drink some Guinness. But McKenna painted such a vivid story, I truly felt like I was in the Emerald Isle.

Jamie Webb had made plans with her friend to vacation together in Ireland. But Jamie finds herself alone, sitting at a local pub, slamming down some Guinness, when Donna has to cancel on her at the last minute. But Jamie is still determined to experience everything Ireland has to offer.

At one point in her life, Jamie had given everything up for her boyfriend. She moved across the US to live with him and helped put him through school. But two years later, she finds herself boyfriend-less. Never again will she give up her dreams, her plans, for a man. And right now, in Ireleand, she was, free, free, free!

But you know what the say about the best laid plans, right?

Connor, a very sexy, very charming, bartender, has Jamie itching to get her flirt on. His good looks, wicked accent and killer smile just about do her in. They chatter it up and Jamie not only likes what she sees, she loves what she hears. He is a reformed bad-boy, working his arse off to earn money to return to college. The chemistry between him and Jamie is thick with sexual tension. And McKenna expertly draws it out with humor, meaningful conversations, and the beautiful sites of Ireland.

I love how strong Jamie is, how determined she was to make it on her own. To not make the same mistakes she had in the past. Despite her growing feelings for Connor, she is very much an independent woman. And Connor, in his own right, is forthright with his feelings, yet understanding of Jamie's feelings. He knocked my kickers off with his sexy Irish charm.

Both would love a chance to see what could have been but are at different points in their own lives, the distance between them too vast. Will she choose to stay, or will she go back home to America?

McKenna has become a go-to author for me when I want to immerse myself in a sexy, romantic, story with memorable characters.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo, great review -- I *looooved* this one, too. It's funny, my review, which won't be up until Friday, hits on many of the same points yours does! :) Great minds think alike and all that.

    I have a plan -- you and me head off to Ireland, m'k? We'll find our own Connor, and beg to stay there!

    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBQ~ Glad you enjoyed it as much as I. And we must share the same great brain, lol.

      IRELAND is on my bucket list. I have to go before I kick it! :) And we have to stay at least a month. :)
      Thanks for stopping by--it always makes me smile.

      Delete

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels