Sunday, May 4, 2014

BOOK REVIEW ~ STILL LIFE WITH STRINGS BY L.H. COSWAY



Title: Still Life With Strings
Author: L.H. Cosway
Publisher: CreateSpace

Release Date: March 24, 2014

ARC provided by NetGalley

Book Blurb

My name is Jade Lennon and I stand still for money.

The night I saw Shane Arthur watching me everything changed. A man in a suit always catches my eye, but it was the way he looked at me that was different. Like he knew me or something. He didn’t know me, especially not in my costume. My sobriety rests on staying away from men, but there was something about him that made me throw caution to the wind.

After all, I was never going to see him again, right?

Wrong.

Standing still isn’t the only way I make my money. I also bar tend at a concert hall. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Shane was going to show up there. Not only that, but he’s the most recent addition to the orchestra. So now on a daily basis I have to resist one of the most beautiful men I’ve ever met and he plays the violin. For me that’s one hell of a deadly cocktail.

He wants me to teach him how to live. I’m not sure how much a twenty-six year old recovering alcoholic who works in a bar and moonlights as a living statue can teach a world class concert violinist, but I’m sure going to try.

Still Life with Strings is a story of music, art, sex, magical realism, and romance that you will never forget.




Book Review

I fell in love with Cosway's writing style with the release of her book, Painted Faces. It was a no-brainer for me to read Still Life With Strings.

Right away, I was hooked.  The characters were fresh, full of life, and simply amazing.

Jade Lennon is a strong, self-assured, young woman on the cusp of something life changing--she just doesn't know it yet. She has an artistic soul and will do anything for her family. Her mother is dead and her job as a bartender at a local orchestra house provides her the income to support her family. And she moonlights as a living statue on the streets. She is a recovering alcoholic. Her life is far from easy.

While in her "butterfly" disguise, Jade spots a mysterious stranger watching her. She is intrigued. And caution is thrown to the wayside as they come together in a darkened alley. Never exchanging names. Until, the next day...

Jade is shocked to discover her one night stand is now working at the orchestra where she tends bar. And that instant attraction she felt for him makes it hard for her to stay away.

Shane Arthur is a gifted violinist who has never experienced the simple joys of life--spontaneity never a luxury he explored. His strict upbringing and constant training has left little time for fun.

Jade and Shane are truly opposites but come together in an explosive story that will leave you wanting to have your own virtuoso. It is a character driven tale filled with sensual delights as well as painful moments. Cosway makes classical music sexy with her beautiful love story -- Still Life With Strings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments...tell me what you thought of my post!

Total Pageviews

Labels